Need some vitamin C in your life? Want to look younger? Try learning how to make hibiscus tea! You can enjoy it hot or warm. It is delicious and really, really good for you!
Hibiscus Tea Ingredients
– 8 cups water
– 2 cups fresh hibiscus flowers or 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
– 1/4 cup honey or agave syrup
– 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. If you are using fresh hibiscus, remove the green part at the base of the flower that is attached to the stem (remove the calyx). This step is only needed if you are using fresh instead of dried hibiscus.
2. Boil the tea in a simple pot. Bring the flowers and water to a boil then turn off the flame.
3. Add in other herbs if you desire. Basil, lemongrass, and lemon zest are all great!
4. Allow it all to steep together for 15-20 minutes.
5. Mix in the honey or agave with the lime juice until everything is combined.
6. Strain the tea and serve it warmed or chill it in the refrigerator for a couple hours for a delicious iced tea!
Hibiscus tea is good and good for you! It has a ton of vitamin C which is great for your immune system and keeps you looking youthful. Other benefits include lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels, aiding in digestion, and preventing hypertension.
Other Cool Hibiscus Uses
Want to look a little younger? Try making hibiscus ice cubes and rubbing them on your face. The high levels of vitamin C will reduce lines and give you an amazing glow!